We are looking for a
Junior Legal Counsel
One of the prerequisites is speaking English, or Dutch
Do you want to grow the most innovative international ticketing platform for mobility? Tranzer is the leading European B2B2C ticketing and payment platform for mobility. Our mission is to integrate all types of mobility into existing apps and end-user platforms in order to keep our cities sustainable, accessible and liveable. We realise this by connecting public transport operators to our platform and combine this with other modes of transport such as taxis, shared bikes, cars and parking.
We deliver our platform services through an API to other companies and platforms with large client bases such as airlines, lease companies, banks and booking platforms. Tranzer creates the possibility for you to plan and immediately buy tickets for public transport, taxi or bike on your smartphone, in your favourite app. After purchase, your tickets appear in your app and you can travel right away. Just take the ride!
Here’s the challenge
As we are expanding rapidly, we are seeking for an experienced and motivated Junior Legal Counsel to join Tranzer in its international growth. You will join the Legal department to support the business in the Netherlands and the business across the European countries we operate in, with respect to a broad range of legal topics. Therefore we need someone who enjoys studying the legal systems and Privacy related matters of other countries. The work focuses on contract management (with operators and web service clients) and data protection (e.g. GDPR). You will be based at the Tranzer headquarters in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
To accomplish this
- 30% of the time, you will act as our Data Privacy Officer, working on everything around Data Privacy. Analyzing gaps in our policies, processes and governance, proposing improvements and documenting what we have done. You will be the contact person on issues related to data privacy and data processing, including consultation required by GDPR.
- 30% of the time, you will act as our Company Secretary, managing our legal documents and contracts. We have a lot of legal documents and contracts that need to be updated regularly.
- 40% of the time, you will support our Business Development team by answering first-level legal questions. You will act as the contact person for internal business agreements as you will have the overview of the internal legal matters. You are resourceful and creative in finding solutions to legal issues that we encounter in the development of Tranzer. Next to that, you are a sparring partner for our head of Legal, our business developers and platform developers.
We are looking for someone with
- A legal degree at academic level, focused on Dutch law
- 3-4 years of work experience working at a law firm with Data Privacy, looking for an opportunity to widen your scope
- An entrepreneurial and result orientated attitude, perseverance, and positive energy
- Analytical strength and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Affinity with new technologies, knowledge of related law (IT/e-commerce) is preferred
- A creative mindset to find legal solutions, balancing between legal and business reality
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, writing and speaking, German is a bonus
What we will offer you
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, because we believe in a good working-life balance
- Room for personal input and approach to develop your talents
- A work environment, where learning is mandatory and failing (occasionally) is expected
- Good coffee, lunch, snacks, daily fresh fruit, friday beers, fun team events and much more!
- Every now and then a game of table football?
If you think ‘This is what I want’, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions contact our HR professional Jonna 06 12 43 90 55.